Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Can you have a case of the "Mondays" on Tuesday?

This morning has been a bit of a challenge. I find myself being in an "off" sort of mood. I don't like it. I like to be happy, cheery, playful, and easy going. I do not feel like this today. I feel like I need to keep my distance because I may be at a "close to explosion" point today and I would hate to blow just because someone said the wrong thing and I'm at the point of no return. I will try to keep this all in perspective today and push on through.

I actually should be quite happy today. I wish I would allow myself this joy. I have been following up and reading the blogs of other WLS bloggers. I must say, I don't comment a lot, but I love feeling like I am going through the journey with them. I am a recent surgery recipient (May/2008) and I gain a LOT from others that have been going through this for years. The good thing is that the long time surgery bloggers offer such great stories and encouragement. I've heard so many times about people that have lost 100 + pounds and unfortunately crawled back up on the scale. I'm so dedicated to NOT be that person. I made this decision to change my life, not to change the next couple of years. I am in this permanently! Of course, I get discouraged when the scale doesn't move, but it's all about long term - right?

Speaking of my change . . . I have officially lost 62 lbs! I am 47 pounds away from the "weight goal" I have set for myself. Let's be honest, this is not the "ideal weight" that those doctors have set (do people ever really get to ideal?), but it's a personal goal because I've never in my life weighed 160. In fact, the smallest I've ever been in my adult life is 185lbs! I can't wait to see what 180 feels like, then 170, and of course, 160! It's so exciting. For a little while I thought I wouldn't get under 200. Sure, I'm not there yet, but I know that I'm on the right track and that glorious "onederland" should be right around the corner for me! YIPEE!

See, the venting has helped this grouch already! I just need to stay positive and focus on the good things in life and the good changes in me. I'm expecting to have a good outcome for the day!

No comments: