Friday, August 27, 2010
Thursday, August 26, 2010
Wednesday, August 18, 2010
Monday, August 16, 2010
Tuesday, August 10, 2010
Wednesday, August 4, 2010
Friday, July 23, 2010
1. I was looking through pictures one day to find some “before” photos for a project I was working on. My son peers over my shoulder and says, “Mom, you look fat there and are wearing way too much lipstick.” Boy, kids are so honest!
2. My son came home from his first day of summer “campus club” and let me know he met a girl. He was so excited because she let him hold her hand. Then I asked, “What is her name?” He replied, “Mom, we didn’t get that far.”
3. While we were sitting down finishing our dinner I had asked him to taste something that I had a feeling he wouldn’t like. He replied with, “I would love to Mom, but I’m cutting back. I need to lose some weight.” I guess that’s a constant that he hears in my house.
4. On Mother’s Day we were talking about gifts. I said, “A good gift for a Mom to receive would be a child who listens, minds, and does what they are supposed to.” My son replied with, “Whew, it’s a good thing I already got you a gift.”
5. My son makes a funny sound when he drinks. I was irritated with this one day and I decided to say something to him. He kept making the noise. I couldn’t figure out if he was trying to drink without the noise or if he just liked to hear it. He then calmly turned to me and said, “Mom, it’s natural. You’re going to have to get used to it.”
6. I still like to call the little one “baby”. Apparently, he doesn’t like that. Who knew? So, one day, when we were in the car he said, “I know it will be hard but can you not call me baby anymore? It’s ok if we are at home, but not out – ok?” Who knew a seven year old could be so concerned, and recognize how difficult it will be for me. Sweetheart!
7. “Mom, she likes me because I’ve got crazy dance moves.”
8. “Oh, my beautiful teeth!” – said right after he fell on a water slide and knocked out his two, front, permanent teeth (this just happened about 3 weeks ago). Can we say vain?
9. “I’m seven, but I look like an 8 or 9 year old, huh?” I guess I have talked about how big my kid is a little too much?
10. “Free food is so much better than pay for food, right?” – can you tell that my son doesn’t like to eat out. He’s a strange one.
11. When trying to get out of sleeping in his own bed, he came to me and said, “Mom, I think I should sleep with you because I don’t want you to be scared and have bad dreams. If I sleep with you, I can be right here to protect you.”
12. “We’ve got lots of things we could eat – at home.” Yet another tactic to not have to go out to eat.
13. I went through a phase where I was going on dates. I think Jacob was a little jealous and he said that he wanted to take me on a date. So, I agreed (because it was sweet as can be). We were talking about how he was going to take me to my favorite place, open the doors, order for me, and things he had seen on TV or something. I then said, “Are you going to pay for it too.” He said, “yes.” Then I asked, “Where are you going to get the money?” He quickly replied with, “I guess I’m going to have to borrow some money.”
Just rethinking these moments has put a very big smile on my face today. I don’t know where he comes up with this stuff, but I sure do get a kick out of it. I could write a book!
Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others’ comments. It’s easy, and fun!
Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!
View More Thursday Thirteen Participants