Monday, October 20, 2008

Back at it again . . .

Here's to another week! Hopefully a week full of successes. Today, I'm off to a smidge of a rocky start. On the Wii Fit this morning, I was exactly the same as I was (BMI because I don't check actual weight until tomorrow) on Friday. That was slightly disappointing because I was up on Thursday/Friday. I will chalk it up to my week FULL of exercising (last week). Let's hope it pays off soon. I did, finally, get to unlock the ADVANCED STEP AEROBICS and The Rhythm boxing! Go me!!!

I tried a new, fun, yummy, weight loss surgery friendly 5 minute chocolate cake recipe and it was pretty good. My family agreed. It was HANDS DOWN way better than the full sugar/fat version. GO EGGFACE! You've done it again. I must say, at this point, Eggface is my hero!!!! Such an inspiration.

I started to get a little bit discouraged on my way home from Fresno yesterday. I don't know exactly why, but I can tell you a little about it. I am getting to the point where I am feeling better about myself, the way I look, and how I wouldn't mind if others felt good about it also. I started to think about dating. I haven't been on an actual date in AGES (ok, almost 2 years)! The problem is that I don't even know where to start. Do I have the time? Do I have the energy? Do I have the will power? I don't know where to meet people, how to throw out availability or even if I'd be able to share my time with a new prospect/interest and my son. What do you do about situations like this?

I would love to have someone to go places with, do things with, laugh with, and have the dating experience, but where does it start? I think I am ready, but how do I really know? Do I have to go back to "kissing the frogs" and not enjoying myself to be able to get to the one that I have a blast with? It's sad to say that I'm 33 years old and I don't even know how to date! Now what? Suggestions?

I'm looking forward to a good week. I hope that I get to hear something, anything about the prospects on my new position at work - if it's going to happen or not. I am ready to not be in limbo. I'm ready to be confident about the future and about where I'm going. We'll see how it works!!!

No comments: