Tuesday, February 3, 2009

It's real . . . my weigh in story!

This morning was Wii Fit weigh in day. In all honesty, I didn't want to get on the scale at all. I think this is the FIRST time that I've had that feeling in almost 9 months. But I had it. I had this feeling because I knew that it was not going to be down. It's funny because I think that I can "feel" when my body is changing and my weight is shifting, but right now, my body isn't doing anything. Sure, I feel like I've been hungry more often. I feel like I have been eating/snacking a lot more and that all has to change. But I can tell that my body isn't going anywhere - even with the additional exercise and motivation.

So, the verdict was . . . I had lost .2 pounds. I don't even count that. I only count a loss if it is a half or more. So, when I've lost .7 - it still only counts as .5. I know, it's crazy, but that's just how I work. So, I am technically the same. 180. I so want to be in the 170s. I really want to be 175 because that's something that I've looked to as being a good number. But my body is apparently not in agreement with my head about that.

Don't get me wrong. I'm not complaining about the fact that I am the smallest I've ever been in my life. I'm just sad that it's stopping and I'm afraid that I won't be making my goal at this rate. So, I will just try harder. Focus more on what is going into my mouth and make sure that I'm making the right choices. Can it really decide to stop so soon? I won't sit back and let that happen - without a fight at least!

So, I have decided to sell my elliptical machine to my sister and join a gym. What she'll give me for the machine will just about cover a year worth of gym fees. I had decided that the cardio alone will not be working anymore. I need to get some muscle tone and I'll need to be lifting and using weights in order to make this happen. So, I'm biting the bullet, and I'm making a decision to get my gym membership. The good thing is that my son will LOVE going to the gym! Of course, we won't be going to Foster's Freeze for ice cream afterward (like we used to) but I'm sure he'll love the interaction just as much as I do!

The good news is that there's a support group meeting tonight at my surgeons office. Coming together with people that have "been there, done that" can be really encouraging. I'm sure this will pick up my spirits and show me that I can do this!!!

That's the update for the day. I really hope I will get to report some good news on the scale front soon. I feel like it's been much too long since I've reported something significant. Someday . . . .

3 comments:

Tracey said...

Hi Heather, it's funny, but that's how I weigh as well, but I just round up or down to the Kilo. It stops me focusing on the small bits and pieces.

I am amazed at the amount you have lost so far. So bloody inspiring.

Thanks for blogging,
tracey

Kim H. said...

I completely understand your frustration... I've been like that for a couple of months now, but I'm just starting to push through it and make my body work for me... not the other way around anymore. No major losses yet - but I'm trying to stick with it anyway.

Heather said...

Thank you for the encouragement! It's tough sometimes, but I know that we can pull through.

It's funny to hear someone say that my progress is inspiring when I'm so inspired by all of yours!

We can all get to our goals if we keep working together and providing the encoragement (and tips) that we all need!