Wednesday, February 4, 2009

I've been tagged . . .




I've been tagged on one of my favorite blogs, http://gastric-girl.blogspot.com/ to do this lovely little quiz...
For this one, the rules are simple - list 10 honest things about yourself - and make it interesting, even if you have to dig deep! Then tag 7 bloggers that you feel embody the spirit of the Honest Scrap Award.
So here goes...
10 Honest Things about Me

1) I still hate shopping even though I'm able to go almost anywhere (that is NOT a "fat lady" store) and find something that will fit me. I so want to have more clothes to wear and be flattered by, but I just HATE shopping so much that I will deal with my 2 pair of jeans and 2 pair of dress pants until I can overcome this hate/phobia.

2) There are so many blogs that I read faithfully and get something out of that I get sad if the bloggers don't post every day because then I feel like I'm missing out on something. It's crazy, I know. I wish that my blogger friends lived close to me so we could be "real" friends. I am so inspired by all of you!

3) I have to overcome a certain sadness about the fact that I can't drink Dr. Pepper anymore. I was truly addicted to Dr. Pepper and now I can't handle any carbonation at all. It's sad.

4) There is a huge part of me that would love to be able to "work from home" and there's another part of me that is afraid that if I did have a job that I could do "from home" I wouldn't be happy with that either.

5) I want to start dating (so I think) but I have such a hard time with the awkwardness of initial meetings that I'm not successful at dating at all. How do you meet someone that you don't have to feel awkward around? Dating sucks!

6) I want to have plastic surgery to remove my excess skin and lift the boobs that used to be there, but I feel like I have to decide if I want more kids first. The problem is, how do you feel sexy and find the guy to marry and have kids when you've got saggy skin and boobs? Then, if I did get plastics and decide to have another child is all that money, pain, surgery wasted?? What a dilemma!

7) I sold my Eliptical machine to my sister yesterday. Now, I have to join a gym so I can get some weight training in. Too bad I don't have the money yet. So, I just gave myself another reason not to workout.

8) I have recently (in the last two months) joined two dating websites and I check them constantly to see if anyone has expressed interest but I'm not very quick to respond when they do. Can we say "sabotage"?

9) I think both of my sisters are beautiful and I don't tell them enough. I think it's strange that they are in the same dating/meeting people predicament as I am. How does that happen?

10) I laugh hysterically when someone trips, walks into things, or falls. Of course, I want to make sure they are ok. I don't know why this is so funny to me, but it is.

Now here's the part where I tag others:

Sheila

Cathy (Mom)

Michele

Gary (Dad)

Teresa

Tracey

The Lurker (or anyone else who'd like to join in).


I can't wait to see what you have to say!

Happy day to you all!

4 comments:

Laurie (TheSafestScents.com) said...

Wow, I feel like I could have written this one myself as well! haha I got out into the dating world again a few months ago.. and now I'm dating a great guy, even with my saggy ass and boobs! :-)
thanks for sharing!

Heather said...

Congratulations on the dating! A great guy is hard to find! If you can find it saggy ass and boobs, then I'm in too!!!!

Have a great day!

Kim H. said...

Ok, I'm not a lurker - I just noticed that you read two of my favorite blogs on the planet - so I thought I'd check you out.

Your answer for number two is 100% me! I try to post every day because I get so sad when I find a person that I enjoy reading who hasn't posted in forever.

I'm also a fellow weight loss surgery patient... I had mine in November of '07. Still not to goal yet, but not giving up either.

Heather said...

Hi Kim!
Nice to "meet" you. Thanks for stopping by! It's fun to be part of a "community" of bloggers especially when you learn from them - whether you know it or not!

So, you're 6 months ahead of me (journey wise). I'm not giving up either! We'll stick it out and make even bigger changes than we have in the last year or so.