Wednesday, February 11, 2009

A woman on a mission!

Yes siree! I am on a mission to make this journey work for me!

As I shared yesterday, I had my first "personal training" session with cute little Micah at the In-Shape city. I call him cute, little , Micah because he's probably about 18 - 20 and has NO CLUE what life in the "real world" is like. All he has to worry about is exercise and going home to play with the boys. Ok, I'm being a tad dramatic, but it didn't seem like he had much knowledge about life experience, but he did have some good ideas from a muscular stand point. Sure, it almost killed me, but beauty is pain - right?

I shared with him that I had gastric bypass in May and had lost nearly 90 lbs (yes, I'm still pissed that I don't get to claim that officially yet). He said that he has another post WLSer and he's got him on a diet of 300 grams of protein. REALLY (thoughts of disbelief are running like a rampage in my head)? I don't believe you! AND I DON'T!!!! I struggle with getting 70 grams in and I TRY! So, unless this guy is getting protein intravenously fed into his system, I'm not buying that one. But, little Micah can dream, right? He just wants me to know that he can help a WLSer just as much as anyone. And, I will give him the chance to help me take away the sag and unwanted rolls - as long as he doesn't annoy the snot out of me.

Last night, we started slow -but it still kicked my butt, and abs, and thighs, and quads. We didn't work out for more than 30 minutes, but I seriously had legs of "jello" when we tried to walk down the stairs to leave. Um, I guess just an elliptical/cardio machine isn't enough for me.

So, off I go into a new world of weights and trainers. I'm just hoping and praying I see results before I pass out from over exhaustion and dehydration. I'll definitely have to work on that! Here's to a happy, healthy, hearty and now muscle bound "Heather".

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You mean you don't ingest 300 grams of protein daily? I mean I have at least 350...

I had no idea you were such a lightweight...

Just kidding, that is insane...I am lucky if I get 50 to 75...Wow, I guess I am the lightweight...lol

It may kick your butt...but I have no doubt that it will help you and indeed make you feel better...

Good luck girlie...

xoxo...Jil

Kim H. said...

I'm thinking 300 g of protein is unhealthy... people look at me funny for trying to get 80-100!

I hope that it works out for you - I know that I feel LOTS better now that I'm working out again.

On the "nearly 90 pounds" - it could be worse... I'm 14 months out and am only at 92 pounds.