Friday, June 25, 2010

It's going to be a BIG day!

First off let me start by saying "THANK YOU" for your support and words of encouragement. The news (of not getting the job) was a big deal for me this week, but I'm convinced that it'll all work out. You all shared agreement that it's obviously not where I was/am supposed to be and I'm looking forward to the opportunity that WILL be perfect for me. I'm hoping that the place that does fit will keep me happy for a long time to come. And Jil, I'll take your comments and encouragement any way I can get them late or not - before Laurie or not - with a happy meal toy or without!! :-) Thank you All! You mean a great deal to me!

So on to the BIG day! Today I will be joining my cousin, her daughters and a bunch of friends (in honor of a birthday) for an adventure at Six Flags Magic Mountain. Let's talk about what is so exciting about this. I haven't been to Six Flags in years. So, we all know what this means, right? Previously, when I went to the theme park, I would anxiously stand in line wondering if I was going to fit in the seat belt. On one occasion, the park/ride attendant had to PUSH the restraint/harness down to get it to snap in. I played it off like it wasn't a big deal but in reality I was mortified. Today I will go to this theme park and I am pretty sure that I will fit in EVERY ride I want to go on. I'm not going to say that I'm not going to remember those previous moments or even think (for a moment) that I may not fit. But to be completely real, I WILL fit! I may even have extra room. I cannot tell you how that will feel. But I'm sure that I'll be able to report this when I return.

So, today, I am off for a new adventure. I'm looking to explore happiness (as opposed to anxiety) of a theme park and I am looking forward to having a smile on my face the whole day! Let's hope I get some pictures out of it too! :-)

I hope you're all in for a Happy Friday!!!

5 comments:

Laurie (TheSafestScents.com) said...

Enjoy Six Flags!! I can't wait to ride a roller coaster without all of the extra padding! :)

Happy weekend to you! :)

Jil said...

Wahoo...throw those hands up in the air...and celebrate because you are wonderfully made!

Heather tames the theme park monster!

xoxo, Jil

*Tracy* said...

have a blast!!!!! hugs

Janine said...

I have never enjoyed theme parks every because of my former size.....not I am not sure I would enjoy them just because I am a WUSS!!!

LOL, But I hear you about celebrating your new size, and I know you are going to have a blast.

Bring Pretty Back said...

I hope you had a blast at the park! YES! We want to see pictures!
Have a pretty night!
Kristin