Festivals to attend (in no particular order). . .
- The Garlic Festival (Gilroy, CA) - Gilroy is actually pretty close to where I live, yet I've never made it. This needs to change next year!
- The Banana Split Festival (Willmington, Ohio) - Who wouldn't want to go to a banana split festival? Doesn't this just sound divine? And I've never been to Ohio. What would be a better excuse than a festival to go to?
- Pig on the Pond (Clermont, FL) - I'm not quite sure what this adventure would hold, but I'm guessing it has to do with the many ways to prepare a pig. If nothing else, it sounds like an adventure and it would get me to Florida.
- National Buffalo Wing Festival (Buffalo, NY) - I have been to New York, but never been to Buffalo. Since I love a good buffalo chicken wing, I would imagine this would be a great place to get some good ones!
- Valparaiso Popcorn Festival (Valparaiso, Indiana) - I LOVE popcorn. I would love to go to a festival that's featured guest is popcorn. At this festival they have recipes that are not usual that have to feature popcorn. Food Network did a special on this and it looks like it would be a blast! I can't wait!
- Georgia Peach Festival (FortValley & Byron, GA) - I love peaches! Though I can't really eat many peaches anymore, I still love them and would love to experience all of the things you can do with peaches. Bring it on!
- National Cherry Blossom Festival (Washington, DC) - I have heard some incredible things about the Cherry Blossom Festival and I would love to be there to experience them for myself. Plus, this takes place at our nation's capital. I'd get to sight see and take in the festivities. Can't wait to pack my bags for this one!
- California Avocado Festival (Carpinteria, CA) - Now, this one I could hit this year! I love avocados and could make a mean guacamole. I would love to see what other things could come out of avocados!
- The Zellwood Corn Festival (Zellwood, FL) - A friend of mine had told me about this festival. What a great vegetable to focus on - corn! Corn is in everything these days. I want to see if they create dresses and art out of it too!
- California Strawberry Festival (Oxnard, CA) - Now doesn't this just sound delicious? I love strawberries! I may not be able to do them all day long, but at least I could say I tried, right?
- Boston Blues Festival (Boston, MA) - who wouldn't love to go to Boston and experience a blues festival? Ok, Ok, I don't typically think of blues & Boston going together, but I like the blues and I am itching to experience Boston - so, now I have an excuse. :-)
- Beale Street Music Festival (Memphis, TN) - My family (grandparents) were from Memphis and it's a place I would love to see. I've heard about this festival from many people and would love to experience it for myself.
- Mardi Gras (New Orleans, LA) - I may not be the "take off your top and flash everyone" type, but I'd still love to see (if only once) the madness and chaos associated with this extremely famous event. I can only imagine the craziness that happens during a time like this. Someday . . . I will experience it (modestly, of course).
I'm always up for good suggestions and adventures. Let me know if there's a festival in your area that would be worth a trip!
Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others’ comments. It’s easy, and fun!
Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!
View More Thursday Thirteen Participants