We've made it and I'm excited about my 2nd week with the Thursday 13 crew! I was thinking about what to list today and I was reminded of a list I used to keep when I was about 20. I had created a list of 20 things I wanted to do in my lifetime. The cool think was that when I did something from the list, I'd create a new "thing" to add to my list. So, today I am going to list 13 of the things I still want to do! Here goes . . .
1. Travel/visit all 50 states. So far, I have 18 states under my belt and I have a few more to go! This one may take a long time, but with my list of festivals, I'm sure I'll get there soon! So, Laurie & Jil, watch out! I'll be in Texas at some point!! :-)
2. Be a teacher, if only for a year. This was on my very first list. The good news is that I've put in a lot of hard work to reach this goal and I'm so close (I have now officially been recommended to receive a California State Teaching Credential)- just a classroom/job away. But I wanted to include this because I still haven't accomplished it - but I WILL!3. Drink a Guinness in a pub in Ireland. When I was younger my aunt had visited Ireland. I was so taken by the photos that she brought back that I have been fascinated with Ireland ever since. I will get there and I can't wait!
4. Ride in a hot air balloon. Have you ever just wondered what it would be like to leisurely coast over beautiful land? I have and I want to experience it for myself! Every year, in my town, we have hot air balloons gather and ride right over our house. One of these days I'll be in one!
5. Experience a gondola ride in Venice. I have an adventurous nature about me, but most of it is just in traveling and experiencing new things (not like eating bugs and such). I see and hear about people going on these breath taking adventures and I want to get in on that too!
6. See the Eiffel Tower in Paris. I can look at pictures of this tower all day long. I want to be there! I want to see it! I want a picture of the tower with ME in it! That's one picture I'd be happy to have!
7. Join a bowling league. I'm not the best bowler. In fact, I'm not even really good at it. But I enjoy the social aspects of bowling and I would love to be part of a team. This would probably help me to be a better bowler. If not, it may bring me new friends.
8. Watch roller derby live! I didn't realize I wanted to participate in something like this until I saw the movie "Whip It". I had so much fun watching the sport in the movie that I would love to see this live! I'm not sure I could ever participate in a league (I break too easily) but I sure would like to be a part of the crowd. I'm not even sure if they have roller derby in my town. This one may force me to travel. :-)
9. Be able to run/jog for at least 1 mile without stopping. This is something that seems to silly to some (those that run on a regular basis), but I've never been able to do this. I have just recently met people and read blogs about people that are runners or have become runners and I am inspired. This is something that doesn't cost money but could provide great benefits (health, exercise, adventure, stress relief).
10. Learn how to successfully make home-made tortillas. Again, this may seem minor or silly. I love my aunt's homemade tortillas. I have been wanting to do this for a long time (not that I need to eat them). I have attempted to make tortillas myself but I either don't have the right recipe or I'm just horrible at making them. So, I will be (hopefully) taking some lessons and be able to make home made tortillas whenever I want! :-)
11. Create a video and post it on You Tube. I'm not quite sure what I would create, but I think it would be fun to be able to say that I created a movie/video and others (from around the world) could watch it. How cool would that be? I'm open for suggestions.
12. Purchase a Tiffany & Co jewelry set (ring, earrings, necklace). I love the Tiffany & Co. silver jewelry sets because they can be simple yet elegant. This may take some serious money saving, but I think it would be worth it.
13. Have a full day "make-over" (including wardrobe) followed by a nice evening of dinner and dancing with people I love! We never seem to take enough time to allow ourselves to feel like a million bucks. We deserve to show off who we are and we should make a point to take care of that.
What a list! I had best get started. I'm curious to know if anyone has already taken care of one of these. If you have, how was it??
Happy Thursday everyone!!!
Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others’ comments. It’s easy, and fun!
Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!
View More Thursday Thirteen Participants