Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Still holding . . .

Yes siree! I'm still hanging out at 178. Could this be the "new" me? Maybe. But, again, I'm not ready to give up yet! I've got time. I'm still 2 months away from my "surgiversary". But at the same time, I'm only 2 MONTHS away from my "surgiversary! I wanted to have lost at least 100 lbs by that date, but I'm not sure that is what my body really wants. I'm sure I'll fight, kick, and scream about it, but if this is where I am meant to end up/stay - it most CERTAINLY beats where I was a year ago!!!!

I get to meet up with Micah tonight. We missed our session last week because I was sick/lazy. But I think I'm ready for him. In fact, I visited the gym last night and pushed myself just to make sure I could! And my little muffin (son) was so glad we made it!

I did well with cutting the carbs yesterday. Don't get me wrong, I didn't do perfect, but we're taking baby steps - right? I consumed a mere (sarcasm) 40% of my intake from carbs! That's almost a 20% reduction! Woo hoo! I am still SHOCKED to find that I am eating nearly 1200 calories a day. Sure, I don't feel hunger, but is that really necessary? These are the things that will be modified in my next "investigation" of the dietary habits!

So, this week is off to a good start. I'm excited about making changes. I'm really excited about seeing how the changes change everything.

3 comments:

Kim H. said...

Alright - you've inspired me to go log my food and figure out exactly where my carbs land. :-) Here's to getting better and better everyday!

Liza said...

Sounds to me like you are doing wonderful! Congrats on your success so far!

Laurie (TheSafestScents.com) said...

You're definitely making improvements... and a little goes a long way! :) I'm going to work on taming the carb monster too.. he's EVIL!!