Monday, December 15, 2008

What a weekend!











I had anticipated this past weekend for a while and boy was it worth it.
So, my company had our Christmas party this past weekend and it was a huge success. I was incredibly busy with all of the preparations, shopping, wrapping, etc. that I wasn't able to blog much in the last week or two, but now that's all over and it was a hit. I had a blast and I felt great!

I was able to go in and get a new hair cut/color in preparation for the event. I had a new dress. I felt good and I, personally, think I looked pretty good also. Not to mention that my friend from Orange County came all the way up here to be my date! He was a fabulous date! In fact, spending all of the time with him this weekend made me really miss him and miss having him around. We've known each other for 10 years! I need to spend more time with Dan! Spending time with Dan also helped me to realize what I'm looking for in a dating relationship. If I don't find dates with similar personalities as these friends that I cherish, the dating is not going to go very far.

So, one of the funniest instances of the weekend was the "realization" that people had that something was different about me. The funniest thing was that they all thought I looked different because of the new hair do! Not everyone around me has been privy to the "WLS" details. Some have noticed that I'm losing weight, some haven't noticed anything at all. If I had a dollar for every person that said, "There's something different about you - Oh, you changed your hair" - I would be a much wealthier person (ok, maybe by like $25, but that's something, right?)! It was great!

I've got some more excitement happening. I get to spend time in Orange County this weekend catching up with friends and I'm super, duper excited about it! My friend Craig, from Florida, (whom I haven't seen in over 6 years) will be in town. I've already warned him that I have huge expectations. I can't wait to get a big, giant hug from him.

I will say, with the exception of some financial turmoil, things are going pretty well for me right now. I'm excited about the holidays. I'm exciting about seeing and visiting with friends and family. And I'm most especially excited about the new me. I feel better, I look better, I have more energy, and I can't wait to experience what's ahead! Things are going well and I'm excited to live the life I should be living! Now, if I could just get back onto the "exercise band wagon" I'd be set!











No comments: