Tuesday, December 2, 2008

My very first December weigh in day!

It's true, it's true, I haven't posted in a whole week!!! There's been a lot going on in the last week with Thanksgiving and all. So, I decided to catch everyone up (everyone that reads, that is).

First things first - I was down another 2 pounds this week. That's with a big, fat, holiday in there! Ok, Ok, I kind of cheated. My family and I went to Disneyland for the weekend. So, we were NOT sitting around eating turkey, watching football, and stuffing our faces until we passed out. No, No, we were walking and standing and playing at the D-Land and it was great! We had a wonderful time!!!! I think we took about 300 pictures (That was just my camera - Sheila, how many do you have?), it was great! I'll change my album at some point today!

Next thing to catch up on . . . dating. Yep, it's true. I've been dating. And my feelings still stand - I HATE DATING!!!! It's so awkward. It's uncomfortable and you have to be very careful. Not to mention the roller coasters that accompany dating. You know all the questions, right? "Do they like me?", "Do I like them?", "Does everyone have something I'll complain about?", "Why didn't they call when they said they would?", "Why do they all expect me to call them?". I'm beginning to think that there's no chance for me. One guy looks/acts too old, one guy is a grandfather (and I still haven't given up the thought of more kids), one guy is still not over his ex, one guy has a problem with the town I work in, one guy works in the "Adult Entertainment" field, yaddah, yaddah, yaddah. What in the world? What happened to all of the old fashioned people and dates? Am I just looking for reasons not to like them? Maybe Craig is right. Maybe I should be in the Mid-West? Is it really worth "up-rooting"? Maybe. Where's the man of my dreams when I really need him? That boy better come quickly before I give up all together!

Now . . . for an update. I'm going to my very first WLS support group meeting tonight! I'm actually super excited about it. I'm not quite so super excited about the possibility of driving in the fog, but I'll get past that for what I'm planning to be and thinking will be a great time. Let's hope that it's all I want and more. If nothing else, it'll be fun hearing and sharing experiences. I'm really looking forward to it.

So, now it comes down to this. I have about a week and a half to lose 2 lbs (a goal to be 190 by my Company's Christmas party). I have to keep myself up and active. The 10 miles a day at the Disneyland really kicked my butt - I need to keep that up! I need to watch my eating and my portions. Yes, Yes, these things are the usual, but I have to keep reminding myself how important they really are! I am excited about the continuing changes and progress. I can't wait to see where this journey is taking me (hopefully away from the dating pool at some point).

No comments: