Tuesday, December 30, 2008

The last weigh in of 2008!

And it was a success! So, I know that I didn't say much about it, but November was a very slow weight loss month. The good thing is that December was just the opposite! I'm down a total of 86.5 as of today! I am officially at the lowest weight I've ever been in my adult life. The last time I was 185 was 8 years ago and I had worked very hard to get there by losing 40 pounds. This time, I worked very hard to get there but it took me double the loss!

I actually had a thought on my way to work yesterday that brought me to tears. I started thinking about how far I've come in the last 7 months, not just with the weight loss but with the emotional changes, physical changes, energy changes and more and I couldn't help but look back. I sort of relived what I felt that 7 + months ago and it hurt. But what hurt even more was the fact that I had let it get there. I was unhappy, unmotivated, overly emotional and acting like I wasn't bothered by it. But the truth of the matter is that I WAS (and still am) bothered by the these issues and that I thought it was ok to hide behind all of that. I don't want to hide anymore. I don't want to act like I don't have problems. I do (and so do you, I'm sure)! And now I want to face those problems and obstacles with the same confidence that I am finding that I'm able to face my weight issues with. I am onto something here and it took me the pain of hitting "rock bottom" to find it.

I am excited (for the first time in years) about the new year and about all of the things that this new year could potentially offer. I'm ready to set out and find all of the things I've been missing because I couldn't see them past my own insecurities. I am confident that this will be the first of many "good" years!

1 comment:

Just Me said...

Great News! You have made amazing progess in the past 7 months. I am so proud of you. It is amazing what increased activity and a positve attitude can do for you. Keep up the good work and continue to move forward.