Monday, November 24, 2008

Monday, Monday . . .

We're back at it again. The week begins, we go back to work tired and not as rested as we should be after a full 2 days off. But alas, we're back. The good thing about this week is . . . it ends (for work) on Wednesday!!! I can't tell you how happy and excited I am about having a 4 day weekend. Of course, I will probably STILL not get enough rest and I will have the same tired, worn out feeling next Monday morning. Yet, hopefully, I will not have the insomnia problem.

It's true, the insomnia has been back at it again. This time, I just can't catch up. I can't believe that I didn't even talk to my surgeon about it when I saw him last week. What was I thinking?

Anyway, the weekend was good, back and ugly all at the same time. The good was that I got to catch up with several friends whether by phone, email or actually seeing them in person. That was a good thing. I also scored a date to my company's Christmas party at the same time. And I'm so excited! Sure, my date is a friend of mine and it will be a purely platonic evening, but I'm super excited none the less!

The bad was having to say goodbye to a family friend. Sure, I wasn't super close to him, but he definitely had an impact in my life and he will be dearly missed!

The ugly was having to brave the stores in the midst of several other crazy shoppers. Since when does the craziness start so soon. It ended up being a good time because I was with a good friend of mine. That made it all the better!

So, all in all, the weekend was pretty good. I just wish I would've been able to sleep more! Next weekend?

No comments: