Monday, November 10, 2008

It's been crazy!

Yes, yes, that is my excuse this time. I can't believe I haven't had any time to keep my blog updated in the last week. It's been crazy! And I'm not just saying that! I had to prepare for my company's 10th Anniversary party, then a Safety BBQ, and then my first "eHarmony" date. It's been nuts!

I will say, the parties went swimmingly! They were both great. A lot of work, but it all paid off. I think everyone had a great time and I was glad to have a part in both of those events. The date, not so much. I find myself questioning if my standards are too high or if I have incorrect expectations in the whole "dating" way of life. I know exactly what I want (or I think I want) in my head, but is he really out there? Do I just keep going through the "frogs" until I find the right one? I may think I have found the "0ne" but will I ever really know? It's such a strange process that we have to go through. What happened to the days when you had so many friends that their friends would come around and you'd be interested? Or the days when you run into someone at a party/social event/gathering and the two of you hit it off like you've known each other forever. Do those chance meetings really happen? Am I just too much of a romantic? There's got to be some sort of an answer. Until then, I'll keep rummaging through the frogs in search of the prince (or something of that nature).

I got on the Wii Fit today and I couldn't believe that I hadn't had a meeting with that partner either in 5 days!!! Where has my world gone in the last week? Well, I'm happy to say, I'm back on. Wii Fit and I will be seeing a lot more of each other, especially considering that my 6 month appointment is in just a couple of weeks! OH MY! I've got goals, remember?

No comments: