Tuesday, April 7, 2009

What to do with a Tuesday . . .

Well, I know what I do with Tuesdays, I weigh in (whether I like it or not)! I must say, today, I was dreading having to get on the scale. I was trying to convince myself that I could wait until tomorrow, but that's not being very accountable - is it?

The good news is . . . I was exactly the same! Still under 175, even under 174. I'm at 173 - still! I think that I was nervous because I had lost 3 lbs in one week and that (in my head) just couldn't have stayed off. But it did! So, I am grateful for this. I don't think I will make it to my initial goal of having lost 100lbs by my birthday (one week from today), but I think 96 lbs is pretty darn good!!! And no one can take that achievement away from me. :-)

I made it back to the gym last night and it felt great! Sure, I'm a little bit exhausted today, but I'm back! I get to meet up with Micah and see what kind of "butt kicking" he's going to give me. Fortunately, I'm looking forward to it. I like the challenge. I like the idea that results will follow (eventually). I don't always like the pain while I'm in it, but I do like the after effects. It's as they say . . . "Beauty is pain".

I have noticed, also, that since vacation, my appetite has been so much different as well as the amount of food that I can eat. It's almost as if the cruise was some sort of a "pouch test". I never felt over full on the trip. I never even cared if I ate or not. In fact, one night, we (my cousins and I) skipped dinner all together. I think of this transition as a good thing because I was really getting concerned with the amount that I was eating. But now, I feel like I'm a little bit more in control and I like it.

I know that this is quite the rambling post. I just have a lot of things rolling around in my head and I wanted to get them out. Thanks for keeping up with them!

I hope all is well in your world. I look forward to more positive postings - both reading and writing!

2 comments:

Kim H. said...

Congratulations!! On both the weight and on seeing Micah... I'm so proud of you for getting back in there, and you are right - 96 pounds is amazing, and NO ONE can take that away.

Liza said...

Congrats on your weight loss - that is awesome - and something you deserve to be very proud of!!!